May 10, 2010

Pajamas Are Not For The Public


Which is why no one should be wearing them outside of their home! To me, seeing someone wearing their pajamas in public says that they have not showered today. They rolled out of bed, remembered they had errands to run, and walked on out as-is. Gross. On the other hand, if for some reason they did in fact shower but decided to put pajamas back on and then go out… well that is just silly, but it happens. And I’m here to (try to) put it to an end!

I’m going to make a statement that some people may not agree with, so it’s a good thing I don’t care about other people’s opinions. Sweatpants are ok to wear in public, as long as they’re not old, stained, dirty, ill-fitting, or completely ugly. Some people don’t want to be constricted by jeans while they’re grocery shopping, and I say that is ok! A nice outfit containing sweatpants is not a big deal to be seen in public, and can even look cute. For this reason I do not understand why people think they need to wear their pajamas in public to be comfortable. Personally, it would make me more uncomfortable to be wearing my Hello Kitty pajama pants with my oversized men’s t-shirt while everyone else is dressed… what’s the word I’m looking for?... normal.

Sweatpants tell people, “Hey, I have things to do but I feel like being extra casual today. Maybe I’m going to the gym later. You don’t know me, but you do know I don’t look like a slob even though I’m not wearing jeans.” Yes, sweatpants do make a nearly-paragraph-long statement. Deal with it. Pajamas on the other hand say, “About 20 minutes ago I was sound asleep in bed. I obviously didn’t walk by a mirror this morning or I would have come to the realization that my pajamas would be ridiculous to wear out in public. Not only do I look like a slob, but I also don’t care that I do.” This is not the statement you want to be making, trust me!

For all you people who wear your pajamas out in public, I have two things to say to you. One, I am disgusted. Two, invest in some nice, fitted sweatpants or some good-looking yoga pants. If you are that against wearing jeans in public, then you need to get some respectable looking sweatpants that make you seem like you care how you look. If you are as opposed to sweatpants as you are jeans, then keep your pajama eyesore in your house because no one wants to see it!

You’ll thank me later.

(Photos courtesy of http://www.farm3.static.flickr.com/ and http://www.x17online.com/)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
>